Tuesday, March 27, 2007

DiMo puzzle #1

Finished model w/ Sprint phone for scale








I scrapped the plexi/marker idea because I saw it as an easy way to a result, so instead I made the horizontal and vertical pieces out of small square stock. Each direction is on a different plane, supported by the frame that is inset into the cover piece.



Opened puzzle. I still need to get the right hardware to attach the cover to the hinges, but at this point I'm willing to let it sit as because a couple screws isn't worth riding my bike on Melnea Cass Blvd.





The code doesn't work however. The shadows created by the horizontal/vertical pieces ruin the contrast between the fore/aft elements. I tried taking the code with a variety of lighting situations but it just didn't work. On to the next experiment!

1 comment:

Yaz said...

Still is is a fantastic idea to engage the 3 dimensionality of the code!