Wednesday, March 21, 2007

tagging method

For my Freedom Trail tagging project, I plan on going to the Massachusetts State House point of the trail. For one thing, the state house is very visible from most of the Commons and surrounding streets and once you are in front of it you can look over a wide area of Boston because its very high up. It is also (obviously) the central point of the Massachusetts state government. There are two methods I may use to tag this spot, I haven’t decided which one to use. I may end up doing both.

Method 1.
I would take advantage of the views from various sides of the State House and place tags on objects adjacent to a view of a particular area of the city. The link from the tag might say something about a part of that view like a building or section of the city. For example a view of the Back Bay area my be tagged with links to various web pages that talk about the history of Back Bay –how it was planned, filled in, developed, etc.

Method 2.
I would use the governmental significance of the State House and place tags that link to various other municipal buildings in the nearby area. I would then place tags on those buildings as well that do the same thing. In this way I would create a tagged network of all municipal buildings in the area. If this were to continue there would be a tagged network of all the municipal buildings in the city.

Those are just a couple ideas for how I might go about this project. These ideas may be added to, changed, or combined as I get more into it.

Zander

No comments: