Friday, March 23, 2007

encoded branding


not sure if this will work because I don't have a phone to check it with, so if someone could do that for me it would be rad.

I was thinking about how we could involve some sort of branding into the code, rather than adjacent to. then I remembered the semapedia codes we had talked about in class, and how they had a chunk of the code covered by their advertisement and they still worked. Its my understanding that the code system is made so that parts can be missing and the information can still be delivered to the computer. Wanted to work on this last night, but since the school network was down I didn't have a chance, so this morning while at home I bumped this out. basically I took the DiMo code that Ashely posted earlier and added/changed pixels as needed to fit a rudimentary 'dimo' into the code.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This code reads fine.
From the code reader perspective, all it needs is sufficient contrast between the modules that are "on" and the background. the modules that are "off" should be close to the background but don't have to be identical. I like your thinking. This is the creativity that will appeal to anyone whose looking at these things.

Aaron W. said...

the reason I was concerned was more because I added pixels that weren't part of the original code to make the logo. glad to know that it still works though.

ashley said...

I tested the code and it works fine. I think this could give a little more freedom of how we could design the codes and make them more interesting.

Yaz said...

It is a really a seamless way to differentiate the code! Good job.